It’s been too long since I have typed something up for this that I could take this post in 100 different directions. I have wanted to write about so many things but with time not being abundant until today, they have either stayed in my head or only made it into my prayer journal. And that my friends, is between me and God.
I want to tell Lindsay, that I take her torch with pride. Lindsay, you may have switched schools too many times to count, and now you have handed me the torch of change. I may not have been able to land on my major in college freshman, sophomore, junior year, or been able to clearly define what I what to do even after graduation, but where is the fun in that? Ha. Truly, I am thankful for having been allowed the opportunities to test the waters in so many different industries and roles. I believe I have a better appreciation of where I am at and what I will be doing as opposed to always wondering should I have done X, Y, or Z. – Because, let’s be honest here, I have tried basically everything from A-Z.
I want to tell my dad, that his sentimental-hilarious-way of processing and dealing with me moving toast at Easter dinner was possibly the highlight of my month. For those of you lucky enough to have witnessed this event you know why Andrea and I were in a fit of laughter. For those of you lucky enough to just read about it this is what went down: My family and some close friends are enjoying our Easter meal and my dad decides he is going to give a toast. This is normal, and we normally expect something sentimental and something where we normally have to cut him off. He started off his toast as we would expect, thankful for an amazing family, thankful for all who are here, for being able to share this with great people… then he goes into the part where we normally end up cutting him off because he is now rambling. However this rambling was quite a scene. The transition phrase here was, "He is Risen! and she is toast!" great...then comes the rambling “I also want to give Alli away to the state of Texas. I mean if she would get some sense and look around she would never want to leave. Look at the gorgeous mountains, the trail to ride and run on, her great family and friends, the amazing weather, yada, yada, yada. But, she clearly has no sense. She chooses torturous heat, a concrete slab that has no mountains, horrible traffic, heat, humidity, cowboys, heat, traffic, yada, yada yada. Well I give her to you Texas. She is toast. She is as good as gone. She is Texas toast.” Andrea and I are instigating this speech in our fit of laughter and asking him to keep going so more ridiculousness is coming out of his mouth. But, I figure if you have made your way on here you know the quirks of the family, and that my dad has a thing for his kids. He is quite fond of them. So as he is sitting here processing that there is a chance, mind you, it is still a chance at this poing, that I might move to Texas, he is almost in tears and Andrea is laughing because she has seen her two sisters given away to states, not men, states. And I am loving this because I never thought I would see the day where my dad could verbally give me away. I think you really have to understand my family dynamics to get that, but it was hilarious. Side note. My dad is extremely excited fore me. He is excited I am doing what I want to do and am going to be where I want to be. He is also a fan of Texas. He was just trying to make a point that I should stay.
So the one inevitable that I know in life stays inevitable. Change. Onward I go. As I zigzag the country, I am landing where I began. Back to Texas - and I don’t think I could be more happy.
No comments:
Post a Comment