Monday, November 16, 2009

As White as Snow

I sit here this morning and am reminded why I absolutely love the snow. There is a peace, a tranquility, that comes with each new snow storm. Yes, ironic. peace and tranquility amongst the storm. However, as each unique flake dances around with all the others and fills the air to create a white back drop, as they make their way to the ground, and then leave a think white covering, I am so at ease. I was in church last night when we read through Isaiah 1, and verse 18 reads:

"'Come now, let us reason together.' Says the Lord. 'Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall  be like wool.'"

The redemptive and cleansing power of the blood of Jesus is something I think most Christians, especially in our culture, take too lightly. We take for granted that we can speak freely about the King of kings, the Lord of Lords, and that we are truly forgiven from our human nature as sinners and our daily failings. Praise God today as I write with a beautiful backdrop of a blanket of white snow and a Colorado bright blue sky. Praise God for reminding me today that I am no one with out Him, His sacrifice, His Love, His Grace, and His mighty power to save.

No comments:

Post a Comment