Thursday, June 3, 2010

June 2

Last night the speaker was talking about the 40 days in the desert and walking in obedience. I know it isn't the Lenten season leading up to Easter, but I want to commit myself to living more in obedience to Christ for the next 40 days with the aim of re-establishing the habit of daily, truly, seeking Christ. Since coming down to Dallas, I have been so surrounded by amazing friends with whom I have great Christian fellowship, that I have allowed my one on one time with my Jesus to fall by the wayside because of my desire to build great friendships. Jesus has given me amazing friends down here, and now I realize that I need to keep my eyes fixed on the One, my savior, my God. Not on the busyness of the world.
Here is to me attempting to write something short, as a way that I know I am making it public, so a means to a type of personal accountability - and thank you to my friends who are joining me in this as well!  :)

Today was great. woke up. great worship music, great prayer time, and a reminder from 2 Timothy 2:22 that I want to share:
Flee the evil desires of youth, and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, along with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment