Tuesday, January 5, 2010

God's Providence


Why do I question? Why do I doubt? Why do I try to take the reigns in all aspects of my life? Why do I start an entry about doubting with questions? Christ tells us his burden is light, and to cast our fears at his feet.  I know that at points over the last few months I have more intentionally had to keep my mind steadfast and eyes and heart fixed on the Lord.  Thoughts that were not from our Loving Father, such as, I am not good enough, smart enough, approaching this all right, and so forth would enter my mind, but I would have to turn to scripture and be reminded that he has a perfect plan for us. Ecclesiastes 8 tells us that, “there is a proper time and procedure for every matter, though a man’s misery weighs heavily upon him.” And the famous Jeremiah 29 is so comforting when our loving Father says, “For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, ‘plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.” – The Lord knows our plans. I need to keep my mind steadfast; my eyes fixed on him and … Trust in the Lord!

And today the Lord provided. He provided the job that was such a long shot in my eyes, and to me was my first choice. First choice in the fact that I will get the opportunity to learn such an interesting industry and so many roles within the company. I also look at how perfect this timing is for me. I was able to enjoy the holidays without having to worry about getting days off, and just being able to be at home and spend the days with my family. I now can rest in the fact that in a month I start up at a great company and will be starting a new season of life, or chapter, whatever, but that I had a great restful, relaxing, growing time that many people are not afforded.

I read a quote the other day that I want to end with, by Flavel, "The Providence of God is like Hebrew words--it can be read only backwards."

No comments:

Post a Comment